5 Things to Know About Legos
Check out our list to get your day started.
The Bridgewater Township Library is holding its Lego Club from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday. The club is for kids grades kindergarten through sixth grade, and will be an opportunity for Lego fans to share ideas and tips for building, and just to have a good time. So in honor of the club, we present five things to know about Legos.
Information from Lego.com.
- 80 Years Old—The company was founded by the Kirk Kristiansen family in 1932, and is a privately held company based in Denmark.
- Creativity—Legos are all about creativity for kids through playing and learning. It is about toys and teaching materials in about 130 different countries.
- Danish—The word Lego is based off of two Danish words, "leg godt," which mean "play well."
- The Brick—The Lego brick is the basis of the product, and the current one was launched in 1958 with interlocking tubes.
- Toy of the Century—The Lego brand has received this distinction twice at this point.