5 Things to Know About Tuesday's BOE Meeting
Check out our list to get your day started.
The board of education will hold its final meeting before the start of school Tuesday at 8 p.m. at the Harmon V. Wade Administration Building on Newmans Lane. So to prepare for that, we present five things that will be discussed or heard at the meeting.
- Superintendent's Report—Superintendent of Schools Michael Schilder is expected to discuss an update and recommendations for EE4NJ, Excellent Educators for New Jersey.
- Finance Committee—The board of education and Bridgewater-Raritan Education Association have reached a settlement on their contract negotiations. Board member Lynne Hurley is expected to discuss negotiations during her report on the finance and transportation committee.
- Attendance Operations Specialist—Personnel Committee Chairwoman Cindy Cullen is expected to discuss a job description for this position at the high school, as well as about guidance counselor recruitment at Hillside Intermediate.
- More Calendar Changes—It appears the calendar may be changed again, with regard to the NJASK test make-up days.
- Student Representatives—The board of education is expected to discuss its student representatives that are always chosen from the senior class.