5 Things to Love About the YMCA
Check out our list to help get your day started.
Today is the official kick-off the Somerset Valley YMCA's 2012 Strong Kids Campaign, and the carnival event is being held at the Bridgewater location. The Strong Kids Campaign raises funds to give as scholarships to students and families who may not otherwise be able to afford being part of the YMCA. So in honor of the kick-off ceremony, particularly as the campaign is hoping to raise $20,000 in the one evening, we present five important things to know about the YMCA.
- Aquatics—The Bridgewater facility offers a 10-lane pool, aquatic instruction and diving teams, among other water opportunities throughout the year.
- Summer Camp—The YMCA offers camp for children of all ages, with arts, team building games, swimming and other opportunities throughout the weeks. Camps in Bridgewater include Vacation Camp, Day Camp, Olympic Sports Camp and Teen Travel Camp.
- Three Branches—The Somerset Valley YMCA has two other branches—in Hillsborough and Somerville—with fitness opportunities, a gym schedule and the opportunity to take part in classes for dance, zumba, yoga and other physical activities.
- Child Care—The Somerset Valley YMCA offers child care facilities to more than 325 children with afterschool care programs, and many children receive financial assistance in order to take part.
- Senior Services—The Somerset Valley YMCA offers opportunities for senior citizens as well, through general fitness, acquatics and other programs.