Big Apple Circus Returning to Bridgewater
It will spend several weeks at TD Bank Ballpark.
The circus is coming to town, and TD Bank Ballpark is playing host to the Big Apple Circus’s “Legendarium.”
This marks the 35th anniversary season production, and no seat is more than 50 feet from the performers themselves.
The circus will be calling Bridgewater its home from Feb. 28 through March 17.
According to a release from the county, the circus will feature trapeze artists, contortionists, acrobats, wire acts, inventors in hoops, aerial artists, juggling teams, bicyclists, horses, clowns and much more.
Performers featured in the show this year will include:
- The Acrobuffos, a husband-and-wife clown team from the United States
- Andrey Mantchev, a trapeze artist from Bulgaria
- The all-female Dalian Acrobatic Troupe, from China
- Daniel Cyr, of Canada, who spins in a steel hoop he invented
- Duo Desire of Flight, from Russia, who perform stunts on aerial straps
- Katerina, of Russia, who performs aerial stunts
- Elayne Kramer, of Argentina, who has a flexible backbone
- Emily and Menno van Dyke, of France and the Netherlands, who are trained jugglers
- Jenny Vidbel, of the United States, who rides horses
- John Kennedy Kane, the ringmaster, from the United States
- The Quinterion Troupe, of Hungary, made up of sculpted men flipping and throwing a maiden
- Zhang Fan, of China, who performs on the high wire.
The circus will perform 28 shows during its time in Bridgewater. This is the fourth stop on its tour, and tickets begin at $20.
Performances will be held at these days and times:
- Feb. 28—6:30 p.m.
- March 1, March 6, March 7, March 8, March 13, March 14, March 15—11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- March 2, March 3, March 10, March 16—12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- March 9—11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- March 17—11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
To purchase tickets, head to bigapplecircus.org, or call 888-541-3750.