Founding Fathers Adopted Dogs; How About You?
This Fourth of July, be like George ... or John ... or Abraham.
Benjamin Franklin was known to enjoy the company of Newfoundlands, while George Washington is credited with creating the American Foxhound breed.
Always a man to go his own way, John Adams favored mutts—especially one he named "Satan."
The adoptable dogs we're featuring this week may remind us of the Founding Fathers' wisdom in a new way—they're great breeds and could be your next best friend.
Contact the rescue groups below to find out how you can do your patriotic part by adopting a new best friend.
- Lifeline Animal Rescue, Inc. is located at 16 Mount Bethel Road, in Warren. To inquire about their dogs, send an email to LifelineInfo@aol.com.
- Rawhide Rescue is also located in Warren. To learn more about their adoptable dogs, call 908-581-3417 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Companion Animal Placement [CAP-Hillsborough] is located at 329 Roycefield Road in Hillsborough. Reach them by email at email@example.com.
- Bridgewater's Husky House may specialize in huskies, but they also have a number of other breeds. For more information, visit their website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center, located in Branchburg, can be reached at 908-526-3330 or by email at email@example.com.