UPDATE: Bridgewater Shovels Out
Continue checking here throughout the day for updates on the snowstorm.
With the inclement weather continuing into the night, the Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District has now cancelled school for Thursday.
The district had initially declared on Wednesday a two-hour delayed opening, but the storm continued through the night and dumped about a foot of snow by daybreak.
The Somerset County Vocational & Technical Schools on Vogt Drive also initially announced a delayed opening, but will instead have a full snow day.
All state government offices will have a two-hour delayed opening.
Keep checking with Patch for additional updates.
- Check out our photos of Bridgewater digging out from the 13 inches of snow that fell on the town. From digging out cars to sidewalks, they said they don't mind the work, but are looking forward to what spring will bring. Have some photos of your own? E-mail them to email@example.com.
- The township is reporting that the Department of Public Works had no issues clearing away the snow overnight. The workers focused much of the salt spreading throughout the roads in Martinsville to aid in the fact that the paths are not flat.
- NJ Transit is reporting that most bus service has been restored across the state as of 11 a.m., except for local routes in Mercer County, which will be restored at 11:30 a.m., and some bus routes in the Newark area.
- According to NJ Transit, rail service is operating on all lines, despite some 10- to 15-minute delays. Paratransit service has been suspended in Somerset County until Friday morning. NJ Transit is continuing to offer full systemwide cross-honoring Thursday.
- The Bridgewater Township Library will not be opening until 1 p.m. because of the snow, and all morning programs have been canceled. The library recommends calling ahead before heading over there to make sure schedules have not changed. The number is 908-526-4016.
- The county has suspended the Somerset Meals on Wheels program for today due to the weather. Clients are asked to use the non-perishable items sent out earlier in the season.
- The Bridgewater Commons Mall will not open until 12 p.m. today because of the weather. It is recommended to call ahead at 908-218-0001 because some stores may open earlier.