The is featuring "How Oliver Olson Changed the World" as part of its chapter book club for grades three through four Wednesday afternoon. The book is about a little boy who is told by his teacher that one person with a big idea can change the world. So in advance of the meeting, we present five ways you can change the world in Bridgewater.
- Help an Animal—The , on Commons Way, is always looking for volunteers to help and has plenty of pets looking for a home. Head over to the shelter, or call 908-725-0308 for more information.
- Donate Food—The Food Bank Network of Somerset County is always looking for donations of food and non-perishable items, while also encouraging people to volunteer to package items. Call 732-560-1813 or visit the website for more information.
- Package Gifts— has several different programs and other ways to help those who are financially unstable, and need assistance. For more information, call 908-725-6640, or visit the website.
- Share Your Home—Through , local families share their homes with those who cannot afford to live on their own because of financial problems. The program also helps people who need other support through the food bank and other local resources. For more information, call 908-526-4663, or visit the website.
- Teach Others—, housed in the PeopleCare Center, is always looking for people to serve as tutors for those who cannot read. For more information, visit the website or call 908-725-5430.