Friday is National Firefighters Day, a day to celebrate firefighters and all they do for the communities they serve. In Bridgewater alone, we have the Martinsville Volunteer Fire Company, the , , and . So in honor of the firefighters throughout the township, we present five ways you can help those volunteers.
- Volunteer Yourself—The fire companies are always looking for new volunteers to aid both in maintaining the offices and fighting the fires. Contact the department closest to you if you want to get involved.
- Donate—The fire companies do not have a lot of money to pay for emergency materials and other necessities to keep them running. They are always looking for donations to keep them afloat.
- Protect Yourself From Fire—Yes, the firefighters will come out at any time of day or night to fight a fire, but there are things you can do in your own home to protect yourself, from checking your smoke detectors to making sure you have an escape route for your family.
- Be Part of Ladies' Auxiliary—The groups work to fundraise for the fire companies and organize programs. And they could always use more hands to help out.
- Just Say Thanks—The firefighters in town are all volunteer, and they could always use a little thanks for the work they do to protect our town. So just offer that little bit of thanks for a job well done.