Your teens are holding a car wash at the high school Saturday. The grandparents volunteered to take the younger children to a movie Sunday afternoon. Your tweens take tap on Wednesday evening. It’s your time. Take it.
Each week, we’ll tell you about one great idea to give you a much deserved break, and make your life a little easier, maybe a whole lot easier.
But this weekend, we'd like to recommend a little family time—with an Easter twist.
Local towns throughout the county are holding different events to celebrate Easter with the family, and, in no particular order, here they are:
What: Annual Easter Egg Hunt Saturday in Bridgewater from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: on Garretson Road
What: The Easter bunny will be on hand for a few more days to take pictures with children and families from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day through Saturday. Kids 12 and under get a free animal mask when they visit, as well as a free pair of bunny ears with a special offer from Build-A-Bear Workshop when visiting.
Where: in the center court
Cost: Check the website for information about the cost of photos.
What: Easter Egg Hunt for children ages 10 and under. Children should arrive at 9:30 a.m. with a basket to gather the goodies. Prizes and candy will be hidden around the church grounds, and it will be held rain or shine, ending before mass at 10 a.m.
What: Warren Township will be hosting its annual Easter parade and egg hunt Saturday, with sign-in at 1 p.m., and the festivities beginning at 2 p.m. The egg hunt is for children ages three to 10. Registration is at the tennis courts for the parade, and for the egg hunt at the Pavilion.
Where: The parade begins at the Warren Township municipal complex parking lot near the Rescue Squad and tennis courts on Bardy Road, and the egg hunt begins at the Pavilion.
Cost: $5 per child for the egg hunt. The parade is free. No refunds.
What: Hillsborough Rotary Club will be hosting an Easter Egg Hunt Saturday at 11 a.m.
Where: Pheasant's Landing in Hillsborough
What: Home Depot will be holding an Easter Basket Workshop from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Where: Home Depot in Hillsborough
What: Easter Egg Hunt at 9:15 a.m. Sunday
Where: Hillsborough High School
- , Bridgewater—Easter Sunday services will be held with a contemporary service at 9:15 a.m. and a traditional service at 10:45 a.m.
- , Bridgewater—Easter sunrise services will be held Sunday at 6:30 a.m., with a breakfast at 7 a.m. Worship service will be held at 8:15 a.m., and a traditional service will be held at 9:30 a.m.
- , Bridgewater—Easter vigil will be held Saturday at 8:30 p.m. Easter Sunday services will be held at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Stonecrest Community Church, Warren—Easter Sunday services begin at 8 a.m., 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., and an Easter Egg Hunt will be held on the front lawn in between services for toddlers through fifth graders.
- Advent Lutheran Church, Warren—Easter services will be held at 10 a.m.
- Mt. Bethel Baptist Church, Warren—Easter sunrise service will be held at 6:30 a.m., Easter brunch will be held at 9 a.m. and Easter worship service will be held at 10 a.m.
- Trinity United Church, Warren—Easter worship service will be held at 10:30 a.m., and an Easter Egg Hunt will be held at 11:45 a.m.
- Our Lady of the Mount Catholic Church, Warren—Easter Sunday services will be held at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and noon.