Bridgewater resident Neha Pallod Limaye has said she is canceling a planned meeting of local residents at the JCP&L headquarters in Morris Township Friday because company officials will not be in the offices that day.
Limaye had requested a meeting with JCP&L President Don Lynch, Gov. Chris Christie and BPU President Bob Hanna, and said last week that that there will be a town hall meeting Dec. 7 at the JCP&L offices in Morris Township.
Limaye said she was asking residents, officials and others to go to the JCP&L offices, and was hoping the requested officials are present.
But with confirmation that they won't be there, she has canceled the meeting.
Limaye said she received a phone call from JCP&L representative John Anderson, who said all officials would be in Trenton Friday for an all-day meeting with the Board of Public Utilities.
But, Limaye said, JCP&L is still looking to hold a meeting, and is currently planning for three rounds—one with local officials, one with members of her Facebook group and one as a public forum.
"He has promised to stick to that," she said. "I am going to keep following up with them, and will be in contact with Mr. Anderson."
Limaye said the meetings will most likely be in January.
Limaye had initially started a petition to get JCP&L out of Bridgewater, and also created a Facebook group to bring together people who were disappointed by the performance of the power company following Superstorm Sandy.
And from there, Limaye said, she put together an email to be sent to the three officials to request a meeting to get answers on management and future plans for dealing with these kinds of storms.
"Mr. Anderson was very cooperative, although I don't know why it took so long to get back to us," she said. "He said there are state protocols about setitng up meetings."
"I wish they had actually been in touch with us because that's what we had been waiting for," she added.
But at this point, Limaye said, it just doesn't make sense for them to go to the offices on Dec. 7 because they have confirmation that the officials won't be present.
"We will wait until a further date is announced and plan accordingly," she said.