is holding two sessions Wednesday at the for exercise opportunities for those having difficulty with mobility. The first session will be held from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., with a second from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. In honor of these sessions, we present five things to know about the organization.
- YMCA—The Bridgewater chapter of S.W.I.M. Inc., holds its sessions at the Bridgewater YMCA to provide participants access to the pool.
- Free Water Exercise—The organization provides free water exercise opportunities to people who might have difficulty performing similar exercises on land due to the effects of Parkinson's Disease, MS, strokes or other disorders.
- Social Time—Once the actual exercise class is over, participants are invited to some social time for about a half hour to mingle with everyone involved.
- Non-Profit—S.W.I.M. Inc., is a non-profit organization that provides these opportunities free of charge. Programs are made possible by a donation of location from the Somerset Valley YMCA, and the work of the volunteers who are part.
- 11 Branches—There are 11 different bases for the program all across the state, from Sussex County to Cape May.