The popular game show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" is holding special auditions for its next season at Wednesday, beginning at 6:40 p.m. with a special test for possible contestants. So in honor of the auditions, we present five things to know about the game show.
Information from the game show's website.
- On-Air Host—The show was originally hosted by Regis Philbin, and is now hosted by former "Today Show" host Meredith Vieira.
- One Million—Contestants have the opportunity to win $1 million, as they answer a series of 25 questions.
- Rule Changes—The game show has gone through several rule changes over the years, and when it began, contestants answered questions as the amount of money to earn increased per question. Now, contestants answer questions with the amount of money behind them revealed if the question is correct.
- Lifelines—Contestants get lifelines to help them answer questions, allowing them to ask the audience, skip a question and more.
- New York—The show is taped in New York City, and it is a half-hour program airing on ABC.