A Newark man was arrested Feb. 15 when he gave police a false name after being pulled over for failing to signal a turn while driving.
Chevaugh Crawford, 27, was charged with hindering apprehension after he was pulled over at 1:25 p.m.
According to police, Crawford was not wearing a seatbelt, and provided a false name when asked. Police said they also found that Crawford had a warrant out for his arrest from Woodbridge Police Department.
Bridgewater Township Police are also investigating burglaries, and made arrests for shoplifting and other charges.
- Police received a report at 12:55 p.m. Feb. 17 that someone reported he parked his vehicle in the parking lot of the Bridgewater YMCA for about five minutes, and someone removed his Dell laptop from the car while he was inside the building.
- Ron Goldsmith, 51, of Annandale, was charged with shoplifting after he was allegedly found with $359.90 worth of merchandise from the Apple Store at 3 p.m. Feb. 17.
- Khouloud Shilleh, 39, of Matawan, was charged with defiant trespassing when she was found attempting to return merchandise to Lord & Taylor at 6:35 p.m. Feb. 18. According to police, a loss prevention officer recognized her as having been banned from the store in 2009. Shilleh was processed and released.
- Sarah Randel, 25, of Basking Ridge, was charged with shoplifting after she was allegedly found with $292 worth of merchandise from Macy's at 5:20 p.m. Feb. 20.
- Jin Lu, 40, of Green Brook, was charged with shoplifting after he was allegedly found with $13.98 worth of merchandise from Target at 6 p.m. Feb. 20.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.