.

Pennsylvania Worker Hospitalized After Electrical Shock

William Cotton also received third-degree burns in incident.

A Pennsylvania man working at the Goldman Sachs offices on Route 202 Saturday was knocked unconscious and into cardiac arrest after touching a live wire, according to police.

William Cotton, 49, of Easton, Pa., an employee of Scholes Electric, of Piscataway, was working on the grounding wires of a high-power transformer at the offices. Police said Cotton was working on the grounding connections—called snubbers—when the facility lost power and foreman Anthony 
Corsini stepped away briefly to investigate the power outage.

When Corsini returned, he found Cotton collapsed on the ground, unconscious and not breathing.  

A Scholes employee, James Bishop, and Police Officer Stephen Black performed CPR on Cotton, before volunteers with the Bradley Gardens Rescue Squad and paramedics from Somerset Medical Center arrived to provide additional life-saving efforts.

Cotton's pulse was restored by the CPR, and he was  taken to Somerset Medical Center for treatment. After he was stabilized, he was transferred to St. Barnabas Medical Center's burn center for treatment of third-degree burns he reportedly received in the incident.
 
   

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »