Despite more power outages being reported around town because of Wednesday's snowstorm, the township is not dealing with new damage, according to Bridgewater Township Police Chief Richard Borden.
"I believe we were spared further damage due to the winds not gusting to great speeds," he said.
Fortunately, Borden said, the township is not seeing additional roads closed because of damage. The only reason for some new roads to have temporary closures, he said, is because utility crews are working on the original outage problems.
And, Borden said, they are moving forward with no current concerns about additional trees or wires falling because of heavy snow.
"At this time, we have had no reports of issues with wires or trees impacted by the snow, which is obviously a very good thing," he said.
Here is an updated list of road closures from the Bridgewater Township Police Department:
- Brown Road and Rector Road
- Church Road
- Emerald Trail near Route 601
- Foothill Road and Jamestown Road
- Foothill Road between Mine Road and Hillside Drive is down to one lane
- Hillcrest Road between Washington Avenue and Morning Glory Road in Warren Township
- Madison Avenue
- Meadow Road at Goldfinch
- Milltown Road at Moray Avenue and Andover Avenue where a wire is down
- Morning Glory Road into Warren Township
- Mountain Top Road between Crim and Mine roads
- Mt. Horeb Road
- North Mountain Avenue and Route 22 West at Woodland Terrace
- Papen Road between Tilton Road and Wishnow Way
- Papen Road between Sunset Ridge Road and Partridge Drive
- Steele Gap Road between Jaguar Lane and Mountain Top Road
- Vosseller Avenue north of Route 22
- Perrine to Washington Valley Road