The primaries will be held throughout New Jersey Tuesday, and the race in Bridgewater remains uncontested.
Current councilman Filipe Pedroso, who was appointed in January to fill an unexpired term after Dan Hayes was elected mayor this year, is running uncontested on the Republican ticket for the November elections.
William Metz, of Shannon Road, is running uncontested as the Democratic candidate, and will run against Pedroso in the November elections.
In the state, incumbent Representative Leonard Lance is running against for the Republican ticket in the November elections. Democrats Upendra Chivukula and Niz Kamal are running for the Democratic nomination.
The polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voting locations are as follows:
- on Old York Road—Districts 1 and 2
- on Union Avenue—Districts 3, 14 and 27
- on Commons Way—District 4 and 11
- on Milltown Road—District 5, 33, 34 and 35
- on Hamilton Lane—Districts 6 and 17
- on North Bridge Street—Districts 7, 18 and 32
- on Finderne Avenue—District 8
- on Union Avenue—Districts 9 and 15
- Blessed Sacrament Parish Center on Washington Valley Road—Districts 10, 12, 20 and 24
- on Brown Road—Districts 13, 22, 28 and 29
- on Milltown Road—Districts 16 and 31
- on Van Holten Road—District 19
- on Somerville Road—District 21
- on Crim Road—District 23
- on Eisenhower Avenue—Districts 25 and 26
- on Country Club Road—Districts 30 and 36