A total of 11 district teachers have been chosen as Bridgewater-Raritan Teacher of the Year Award Winners, and another 15 staff members have been chosen as Bridgewater-Raritan Distinguished Service Award Winners, all for the 2011-2012 school year.
Superintendent of Schools Michael Schilder announced all the winners at Tuesday's board of education meeting.
"We are applauding for them all," he said.
The Teacher of the Year award is given to teachers who exhibit outstanding performance. The Distinguished Service Award recognizes staff members, except administrators, who enhance the reputation of the school district by making meaningful contributions.
All the winners will be honored at a recognition ceremony May 2 at the .
Teacher of the Year Award Winners are:
- Catherine Barrett, , First Grade Teacher
- Elaine Volk, , Intervention Specialist
- Stephanie Rott, , Third Grade Teacher
- Anne Marie D'Andrade, , First Grade Teacher
- Joy Confalone, , First Grade Teacher
- Meghan O'Connor, , First Grade Teacher
- Lisa Long, , Special Education Teacher
- Scott Pachuta, , Fifth Grade Teacher
- James Casey, , PE & Health Teacher
- Mary Horvath, , Language Arts Teacher
- William Argenta, , Mathematics Teacher
Distinguished Service Award Winners are:
- Kimberly Luyben, Adamsville Primary, Music Teacher
- Devon Newell, Bradley Gardens Primary, Third Grade Teacher
- Lindsay De Filippo, Crim Primary, Special Education Teacher
- Debra Ianniciello, Hamilton Primary, Guidance Counselor
- Heather Landzinski, John F. Kennedy Primary, Second Grade Teacher
- Debbie Shah-Patel, Milltown Primary, Speech & Language Specialist
- Kristin Laine, Van Holten Primary, Special Education Teacher
- Kimberly Patullo, Eisenhower Intermediate, Guidance Counselor
- Laura Grabler, Hillside Intermediate, Special Education Assistant
- Leigh Woznick, Bridgewater-Raritan Middle School, Library Media Specialist
- Ted Young, Bridgewater-Raritan Middle School, Network Technician
- Joseph Krenetsky, Bridgewater-Raritan High School, Mathematics Teacher
- David Kennedy, Bridgewater-Raritan High School, Athletic Trainer
- Cynde Wells, Wade, Executive Secretary
- Mark Lewis, Transportation & Maintenance, Bus Driver