Newly resworn-in board of education member Patrick Breslin was chosen Thursday as the board president for the 2013-14 year.
Breslin was sworn in at the board's annual reorganization meeting Thursday, held in January this year after the elections were moved from April to November in 2012.
New members Jacqueline Barlow and Aaron Kurdyla were also sworn in to office after they were chosen to serve in the 2012 elections, replacing incumbents Cindy Cullen and Daniel Petrozelli.
And despite one vote against, Jill Gladstone was chosen as the board vice president for the year.
The reorganization meeting also included the appointment of several district employees and advisors. They are:
- Peter Starrs—board secretary, custodian of records, school business administrator
- Peter Starrs and Kathy Gacos—purchasing agents
- Ronald Rossi—treasurer of school monies
- Suplee, Clooney and Company—auditor
- Schwartz Simon Edelstein & Celso, LLC—general attorney
- Adams Stern Guiterrez & Lattiboudere LLC—special education attorney
- Lindabury McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, PC—negotiations attorney
- Andrea Kahn of McManimon and Scotland—bond counsel
- Parette Somjen Architects—architect of record
- John P. Kripsak, D.O.—coordinator of medical services
- Ray Ruth, Manager of Buildings and Grounds—chemical hygiene officer, AHERA asbestos program manager, integrated pest manager, designated right-to-know officer
- Walter Kalicki—attendance officer
- LaFontaine & Budd, James Rick, Jr.—insurance agent of record
- Integrity Consulting Group—health and dental insurance agent of record
- Monica Butler—DYFS liaison, executive director of student services