As part of a new program at the Bridgewater-Raritan High School instituted by new principal Brett Charleston, at least one student is chosen every week to be honored for his or her contributions to the community at some point that week.
In this new column, we will honor those students each week, with the information included in Charleston's weekly principal's column, on the school's website.
Congratulations to each week's honorees!
*This week, we also recognize the students honored since the start of school.
- Stephanie Csuha—(nominated by Mr. Poe) Csuha demonstrated a true concern for the world around her when she helped a small bird that was injured near the main office. Csuha came back toward the end of the day to see if it was OK. Other students, parents and faculty witnessed her actions, and were grateful and impressed.
- Bradley Pietrucha—(nominated by Ms. Manko) Pietrucha is on his second year working with the life skills students. He worked with them during my 9th period art class last year as well. Pietrucha is compassionate, caring and understanding. It is beautiful to watch Pietrucha engage the students as he works with them. He is an amazing role model.
- Taylor Kaschak—(nominated by Ms. Rivera) Kaschak demonstrates enthusiasm for working with and helping other students. Kaschak is also very excited about the opportunity to work as a PE partner.
- Triston Jimenez—(nominated by Ms. Finnis) Jimenez helped an underclassman, who had financial difficulties, navigate through lunch at the beginning of the school year. The student in question was very upset that they did not have money from lunch. Jimenez helped the student by explaining the school lunch program and putting him in touch with staff that could help the student out. Jimenez even offered to pay for the student’s lunch that first day.
- Sam Coady—(nominated by Ms. Papera) Coady went above and beyond when he found $20 on the ground and returned it to our office. Coady exhibited kindness and compassion.
- Antonella Gini—(nominated by Ms. Cahill) Gini exhibits honesty, good old fashioned hard work and ethical communication with other students.