This weekend is Labor Day weekend, with Monday being the actual holiday, and this time serving as both the unofficial final weekend of the summer and a day to celebrate the contributions of workers. So in honor of this, we present a list of five things you can do in the area this weekend to celebrate the holiday.
- Dawn Patrol MC Labor Day Run—After canceling the run in 2011 because of Hurricane Irene, the run is back with a motorcycle run from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. beginning at the Bradley Gardens Fire House, followed by refreshments and a poker run hand.
- —New Jersey Young Professionals is holding its sixth annual picnic at Loantaka Park South Street Recreation Area on South Street in Morristown. There will be fresh food, kickball games and much more.
- Shopping—The will have its regular hours for Labor Day Monday, and throughout the weekend. So head on over there and take advantage of some of the special holiday sales!
- Government—All government offices, in Bridgewater and surrounding towns, will be closed for the holiday.
- Recycling—The Bridgewater recycling center, on Polhemus Lane, will be closed for the Labor Day holiday. Therefore, the first Saturday-of-the-Month Drop-Off event will be held Sept. 8 instead from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. This event allows residents to recycle tires, clean textiles and usual curbside items, while also having the opportunity to drop off canned goods and other items to be given out through the Food Network of Somerset County.