Adamsville Primary School
Adamsville Primary School offers an experientially-based curriculum, hands-on activities, centers and workshops, as well as instruction that addresses special needs students who are included in regular classrooms in kindergarten through fourth grade. The school follows New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards, implementing a balanced literacy program that integrates reading, writing, speaking, listening and viewing. Students participate in writing workshops, mathematics programs, hands-on science programs and social studies instruction. Adamsville offers six preschool programs -- three full-day programs for autistic children and three half-day programs for children with language disabilities. The school also provides a full-time technology teacher.
- Fax: 908-725-0610
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:35am - 2:55pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Number of students: 550
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8.3:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 103
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school values its cooperation with the community, particularly through the Parent Teacher Organization, which arranges many activities with students and their parents, such as cultural arts programs and family activity nights.
- Grade levels: Pre-K, kindergarten, 1, 2, 3, 4
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library