Bridgewater Township Library
The Bridgewater Library is one branch of the Somerset County Library System, taking advantage of all the offerings from the county, including an inter-library connection with the other towns participating in the system such as Hillsborough, Bound Brook and Watchung. The library offers many different programs and opportunities for residents, including book clubs, workshops and camps for children.
Those wishing to borrow from the library must have a valid Somerset County library card, which can be obtained at any of the county library branches. Those looking to get a card must either live in one of the municipalities that are members of the system, own property in one of the member municipalities, be a system employee or retiree, work for the county government or fulfill one of a number of other criteria. Most materials can be borrowed for a period of 28 days, with the exception of videos and DVDs, which can be borrowed for seven days; items with more than four reserves and other items that can only be borrowed for 14 days; and certain new books or interlibrary loan books that can only be borrowed for 21 days.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri - Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm; closed Sundays Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Free wireless Internet access offered, with no time limit on use and no password required
- Programs/classes: Free computer classes, book talks, lectures, movies, art workshops, other programs
- Book donation information: The Friends of the Bridgewater Library organizes three used book sales every year. Residents can donate books during specified donation periods. Donations are not received year-round.
- Wi-Fi: Free