Eisenhower Intermediate School maintains a mission of promoting academic excellence and cultivating self-esteem through a nurturing environment and a variety of programs designed to bring out the best in its students. The curriculum focuses on critical content and essential skills with an innovative program that combines all different forms of learning. The school's language arts program includes writing workshops, book clubs and spelling analyses, while the mathematics program is very hands-on and works to show the importance of the subject in everyday life. Students also take classes in science, social studies, world language, art, music, physical education, library and technology, with computers incorporated into many of the lessons. As for cycle classes, students participate in health education, environmental science, technology and world cultures. The school also offers special assistance programs in adaptive physical education, academic independence, enrichment in language arts and mathematics and speech.
- Fax: 908-231-1079
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps
- Number of students: 850
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: The school is part of Mare (Marine Activities Research Education), with a main focus on ocean and ocean life in the curriculum through Rutgers University; the school also received an Energy Star Grant from the district for its energy conservation efforts.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: There are 130 staff members, including aides, administrators and faculty.
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school participates in service learning projects for character education, with students and teachers learning about different community service programs, like Elijah's Promise, then using that knowledge to perform a service.
- What makes this community special?: "Staff members and students are made aware of how successful students can be with optimism and confidence, and that's a prevalent theme," said assistant principal Laura Zamrok.
- Grade levels: Grades 5 and 6
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Only regular physical education classes