Finderne Fire Department
The Finderne Fire Department is one of several in the township, aiding primarily the Finderne section of town, but providing service throughout Bridgewater and the surrounding municipalities when requested.
The initial meeting of the department that "sparked" its creation was held back in 1944, when it was first decided that a fire company would be a beneficial asset to the Finderne section of town.
In September of that year, the company moved into its first quarters on East Main Street, with its first truck purchased from the South Bound Brook Fire Company and a later purchase of its first siren, from the Peapack Fire Company. After that, the company continued to grow with its additions of new people, new equipment and the dedication of its new firehouse in 1950.
- Fax: 732-805-0350
- Hours: Station is open to the public Sunday morning, 9am - 12pm, and Monday night, 7pm - 9pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jan 13 1944
- Services: The fire department provides rescue and firefighting services to the township, and also assists other neighboring towns when needed.
- Parking: On-street: free
- Public restrooms: No
- Number of firefighters: 36
- Number of trucks: 4
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional, Volunteer