Building has been deemed safe for re-entry, but currently has no fire protection.
- POLICE & FIRE
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Catholic Charities, on Route 22, was evacuated Wednesday after a fire alarm went off, and a report was made of smoke in the mechanical room, according to North Branch Volunteer Fire Chief Dave Hickson. Hickson said the building manager of Catholic Charities told him that he had gone into the mechanical room to check the fire panel after the smoke alarm went off around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, and saw smoke coming from the panel. "Our standard procedure for smoke in a building is a full first alarm assignment, which brings us Green Knoll and Country Hills Fire for a full response along with Bradley Gardens Fire for their specialized Rapid Intervention Team," Hickson said. Hickson said the team saw the smoke, and found that the area of the fire…
The incident occurred on Route 202/206 North on Monday.
A tractor trailer hit the bridge at the intersection of Route 202/206 North and Route 22, knocking over a generator, around 12:30 p.m. Monday, according to North Branch Fire Chief Dave Hickson. Hickson said the fire company was dispatched to the scene where a tractor trailer, loaded with two trailer-mounted generators, had hit the bridge. The truck was unable to clear the bridge with its load, Hickson said, and, when it hit, one of the generators partially fell from the truck bed. "I believe the height of the bridge is 14 feet, which is plenty high for a standard load," he said. "The problem with this load was that he had very large generators mounted on a trailer and then loaded on to another trailer." "This added height, which the driver…