Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Mike on Patch
- I don't look anything like my profile pic.
- I'd rather work smart than hard, but usually end up doing both.
- I believe there are parallels between the fall of the Roman Empire and our current predicament. And it scares me.
- I love this country, but think it's too full of itself; it was easy to be on top of the world after the two largest industrial powers in the world were reduced to rubble. Now we have to really innovate.
- Americans want low prices and that has led corporations to outsource to the cheapest labor markets (and markets with little or no regulatory oversight on things like the environment). Of course, that means many Americans are out of work - some permanently - which kills demand. Still think I'm a commie? Read up on that pinko, Henry Ford and how much he paid his workers and why.